The school and PTSO are pleased to offer a variety of clubs each year. These clubs, which meet before, during, and after school, provide additional opportunities for learning and development, with particular emphasis on physical education, the arts, and technology.
Clubs will be starting up (or starting back up) at different times during the semester. Current offerings are shown below.
- Click here to read DESCRIPTIONS of spring 2018 clubs.
- Click here to see the spring 2018 clubs SCHEDULE and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION about each club, including fees and meeting location.
- Registration opens soon
- Students must complete a signup/permission form before attending any club meetings. We cannot be responsible for students who have not signed this form. Paper forms are available in the office, but please use the online form if possible.
- Please note that West End’s school hours are from 8:55 to 3:55 Monday through Friday. There is no supervision for children left before or after those hours unless they are attending a club or a sports practice, or are enrolled in the extended care program.
- The clubs schedule is always a work in progress, with new clubs being added all year long.
- Limited scholarships are available. Contact Kat Howell at WestNestClubs@gmail.com for more information.
- If you have any questions regarding clubs, or you’d like to facilitate a club, please email us at email@example.com.
- Anime Club
Come hang out with other West End students who share an interest in anime. We’ll meet before school on Thursdays to talk about shows, movies, games, as well as any upcoming conventions.
- Meets Thursdays, 8-8:40 AM, in Mr. Hayes’s room
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Art club resumes for spring semester on January 12. Students who participated in the fall do not need to re-register. There is no cost to participate; all materials are provided.
Art club meets on Wednesdays during the school day (during related arts) and is intended to be a fun and safe space for young artists to create! We will work with various mediums, such as drawing, painting, mixed media, and printmaking. We unfortunately do not have access to a kiln, so clay will not be part of this club nor will digital art. We will explore various art movements and artists as well as learn about the elements of art and principles of design. Students are expected to check in with their related arts teacher and then head to the cafeteria for this class within five minutes after the bell. Students are expected to remember to attend. Should a student miss more than three times OR prove to be a distraction to other learners, they may be removed from the club and replaced with a student from the waitlist. This club does not have any grades attached and is intended for students who are eager to learn more about art. Please email Leighton Lancaster at email@example.com with any questions. We hope to see your student in art soon!
Signup links for new students:
- Chess Club
Mr. Schmitt is sponsoring chess club this semester. The first meeting will be Thursday, March 4, after school in room 105. Parents and/or students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Drama Club
Auditions for the drama club’s spring production, The Secret Garden, start January 19. See the flyer below for details.
- Dungeons & Dragons
FULL–NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS
Are you an adventurous student with a desire to raid the riches in a dragon’s lair, thwart the dark machinations of a mysterious lizard cult, or take up arms in a goblin revolution? Are you a parent who wants to nurture our children’s love of storytelling, imagination, and cooperation?
Then the West End Dungeons & Dragons Club is for you!
No experience required for students. Some experience required for parent Dungeon Masters.
*** The existence of this club and its size will be determined by student interest and the availability of parents willing to run additional games.
Please reach out to Mr. Foster at email@example.com with questions or ideas.
- F.L.A.G. Club
Students in F.L.A.G. (“Fly, Lower, and Gather”) Club will learn proper flag handling techniques and etiquette and will be responsible for raising and lowering the flag each school day. Contact Dr. Gill (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Garden Club
The Gender and Sexuality Alliance (or GSA for short) is a safe place for anyone to come and create a community with people that you trust. There will be speakers and activities to spread awareness about LGBTQIA+ topics. It meets every Wednesday at 8 AM in the library. Sign up in the library.
Co-op team with JT Moore. For more information, email coach William West at William.West@mnps.org.
The girls lacrosse team will practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:15 to 5 starting on January 18. Fifth through eighth graders may participate. Contact Dr. Gill (email@example.com) for more information.